IT IS NOT SOLD OUT, WE JUST HAVEN'T OPENED IT YET. If we have adequate snow conditions & can have the course built early, we will make an announcement and open it up for practice so that you can get your horses used to it. This practice is primarily for the horses, but you are welcome to bring your skier along. We will make an announcement on social media once we know when we will open the practice course (you are also welcome to check back here).
We also encourage you to practice at home, even if you can't practice horse and skier together. Get your horse used to pulling things - tie off onto an old tire or a sled and pull it around your arena or pasture (even if you don't have snow). Practice from a dead start and getting your horse up to speed. If you are a skier or snowboarder, practice making slalom type turns on the ski hill - work on making quick turns and getting from edge to edge. If you have access, get a snowmobile or ATV and get pulled around in a field and practice working the rope and using the rope to make your turns more efficient.
THERE ARE A FEW IMPORTANT LIMITATIONS & STIPULATIONS TO OUR PRACTICE COURSE AS WE NEED TO PROTECT ITS QUALITY FOR THE RACES THEMSELVES:
1. TWO (2) DAYS ONLY: If we can build and open a practice course we will make an announcement and you can sign-up / register for a day and time below. We wish we could let everyone practice endlessly, but we need to maintain the quality of the course for the days of the races.
1. TWO (2) RUNS ONLY: We do not want to beat the course up and damage it more than we need to. We also don't want to cause an unfair advantage to anyone who can't make it up on the practice days. So you can't run the course over and over. You get two runs at it, that's it. Please respect this, and we will have staff there to monitor.
2. PICK UP YOUR HORSE POOP: Horse poop on the course causes damage to the snow. We want to keep the course nice for the race days. You are required to pick up after your horse. We will have a wheel barrow and pick at the course.
3. $25 CHARGE: There is a lot of expense in building and maintaining this course. And after the practice days a lot of time and equipment use will go back into the course in preparing it again for the race days. We are opening the course for these practice runs but need to cover our expenses in doing so.
4. TIME SLOTS: Please sign up for a day and a time slot and please plan on being there during the time you signed up for so that we can control the flow. Thank you!
CHECK BACK HERE AS WE WILL MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT WHEN WE CAN CONFIRM THAT WE WILL HAVE THE COURSE READY FOR PRACTICE DURING THE WEEK OF FEB 12-15.
WE MAY ALSO BUILD ANOTHER PRACTICE COURSE ELSEWHERE IN THE HEBER VALLEY. IF WE DO WE WILL MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT. STAY TUNED,